Search This Blog

Thursday, September 2, 2010

What Long Weekend?


So this past weekend SHOULD have been a productive one. After all, MB and I both took Monday off. Saturday I had a baby shower but MB used the free time to move ALL of the gargantuan stones from the driveway, up into the patio circle. Nuts. He's just, plain, nuts.

He rigged up a plank over our stairs so he could use his wheelbarrow for the small stuff and then he just hugged the giant stones and carried them up the stairs. Someone needs to remind this kid that he is NOT in the Highland Games. He seems to have forgotten this.


Sunday, I can't even remember what I was up to Sunday to be honest. Something important I'm sure. OOO yes! I remember! MB and the ever helpful NA took a trip out to Shirley and picked up some MORE stones from some lady. These are smaller and of a different color but when they are mixed together they will look great. They trucked them back to the house and piled them next to the OTHER big 'ol pile 'O rocks to make and even BIGGER, big 'ol pile 'O rocks. Me? Well with copious amounts of caffeine floating through my system, I decided, hey I'll workout. Now my oldest sister is a freak of nature and I had originally THOUGHT she hated running as much as I do (i.e. rather pull my own pinkie fingernail out then go for a run). I love to workout, hate to run. I'm not built for it. MB, now HE is a runner, he's thin with long limbs. Me? Not to much. I'm built for strength cause I've got a long torso...stubby little limbs you get the idea. Well any who, I digress, my older nutcase sister had taken to adding short runs onto her workout...she's now up to running 6ish miles a day with her wacko friend and is so obsessed she now has a be-water bottled belt and new sneakers and his running a half marathon. This, cannot stand. I refuse to be outdone!
So, instead of doing something productive, I decided, OK do a half hr on my elliptical and THEN do some weights and THEN, go run for 5 minutes. Just 5. Next week, maybe 8. OK Easy Peasy. I do my home workout and then head outside, iPod in hand. I find a nice little side road that is relatively flat, and end up running flat out for at least 10 minutes, then walk back, then workout some more. This, this was not smart. I could barely walk for 2 days after. Note to self: no more consuming massive quantities of caffeine and then working out. Bad combo.


MB and NA came back with the stone some time during all of this and I decided I was finally going to hunt down the stupid rope and metal hooks I had bought MONTHS ago for a clothes line. I had an epiphany while I was working out (runners high perhaps?) and triumphantly located the missing items in a bag full of seeds I had planted, well, months ago. I then attempted to string up said line/hooks between two trees in the far end of our backyard. MB had to help within 2 minutes because I forgot how to do a pull knot/slip knot. Some girl scout I am. It worked and I now have a lovely little way to dry my clothes, save energy, blah blah and it unhooks so that MB doesn't 'clothesline' himself when he mows. Insert hysterical laughter here.


Monday, stupid Monday. I convinced MB that we should just go and get our cell phones over with. We have been sheltered under our parental phone plans for too long and it was time to end it. Plus we desperately needed new phones. Our parents had better phones than us. This, ended up taking ALL day. We got nearly nothing accomplished, except now we have phones that work and I have an extra bill each month but this was the right thing to do. We are now both OFF our parents' plans on the same together. How grown up are WE?!

There is a much greater reason that our weekend was highly unproductive but this will be revealed in my NEXT post as I do not have enough ranting room to fit it in it's own post. Oh no, it deserves it's own subject line.

No comments:

Post a Comment